/

Bon Jovi Opened 2 Restaurants That Allow People In Need To Eat Free Of Charge

While Jon Bon Jovi is well-known for his music, not very many know about the caring things he has done to make world better. In 2006, he established The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation which plans to help communities to break the pattern of poverty and homelessness. Quite possibly the major project of the foundation has done is the JBJ Soul Kitchen, the local area restaurant where individuals in need not pay for their meals.

The first restaurant was opened in October 2011, in the Red Bank region, New Jersey. It was followed with a branch in 2016 close to Toms River, a region that was enormously affected by Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

The two restaurant intend to battle food insecurity in a dignifying way. Both paying and in-need customers are gladly received. There are no costs on the menu, yet the people who can bear the cost of a feast are urged to give $20, and the individuals who can’t offer any installment are urged to volunteer in the restaurant.

JBJ Soul Kitchen has served more than 105,893 meals. As indicated by the restaurant’s site, 54% of those meals were paid for with donation and the rest 46% were procured by volunteering.

Patrons need not reserve a table ahead of time. The restaurant works under first come first serve basis, but, individuals who are in need are prioritized.

The restaurant menu comprises of 3 courses inspired by neighborhood American cooking. JBJ Soul Kitchen ensures that their meals are both delicious and nutritious so their produce is organically grown in the restaurant’s garden.

On January 21, 2019, the eatery offered free meals to government workers and relatives who were affected by the government closure.

Here’s how netizens responded:

%d bloggers like this: